Varex was the first company in the world to deliver amorphous silicon flat-panel detectors capable of both fluoroscopic and radioscopic digital imaging. Fllat panel detectors for digital radiography create images by converting the X rays that strike its surface into light, and then turning the light into digital data that a computer can display as high-quality images.
Varex flat panel detectors combine amorphous silicon sensor panels, radiation-converting materials, low-noise analog and high-speed digital electronics, custom ASIC control and processing electronics, and compact packaging into quality DR flat panel x ray detectors.
Advantages of Varex Digital Radiography Flat Panel Detectors
- Cesium Iodide (CsI) scintillators
- 10″ x 12″
- 14″ x 17"
- 17″ x 17″
- Fixed, Tethered and Wireless platforms
- Direct deposition CsI for sharper images and lower dose
- Integrated with the Avanse image acquisition software
Digital flat panel detectors are more durable, lighter, compact and more accurate.
For use in mammography, direct conversion flat panel detectors outperform film and indirect technologies in terms of resolution, signal-to-noise ratio, and dose efficiency.
- X ray flat panel detetcors produce less image distortion than x-ray image intensifiers.
- Digital flat panel x ray detectors are faster and more sensitive than film.
Increased sensitivity, when using DR plates allows for a lower dose of radiation for similar results comapred to film.
For general radiography applications, digital radiography flat panel detectors save time compared to computed radiology and especially film imaging systems